Updated June 2020:
With the age of my presentation and the recent PE009-14 update it was high time to review and update my Autoclave Validation training/presentation.
The linked to pdf contains Autoclave Validation training I have presented in person and via teleconference.
The purpose of the training is as follows:
- What is an autoclave
- Why we use autoclaves
- Identify the two main types used by us
- Detail how to validate an autoclave (including loading patterns)
- What to look for in an audit
It is important to note that this training was developed in 2008. Some references may be out of date. The overall thinking and methodology remains valid.
Additional Autoclave Validation Documentation
- Autoclave Operation, Howard Judelson 28/06/2004
- A Practical Guide to Autoclave Validation Raymond G. Lewis, PE. Pharmaceutical Engineering July/August 2002
Did you find this informative or useful? Please consider a small donation so I can expand and improve on what I deliver.