The Question posed on LinkedIn:
“Dear All, please suggest how to proceed when pseudomonos (sic) is detected in purified water ?“
My reply was this:
Following a sanitation cycle, I would conduct full screen monitoring of your PW system to determine if the Pseudomonas sp. continues to be recovered.
- sanitation validation data
- CFU of Ps. recovered
- historical CFU (week-month)
- based on count, would a system flush help?
- bioload on finished goods made with affected PW
- filter integrity test if applicable
- TMAC/objectionable organism results
- affected product intended use
- risk of releasing batch & end user impact